CHURCH: RESETTING OUR DUTY! (Gen. 1:28)
Preface: A strategic aspect of The Great Reset is understanding life disciplines and their relationship to the church. How are Christians to serve in these disciplines? What is the relationship between these disciplines and God’s kingdom? How do these disciplines shape the world, leading to its destiny? Now, a discipline can be defined as “an industry or field of work served by those with gifts and talents specific to the field.” For example, the discipline of education is served by those gifted to teach; the field of medicine is served by those gifted with medical abilities, and so on. In Part II, we will look at the theology of mountains in the Scripture as symbols of life disciplines, high places where essential life activities take place, allowing those who lead in these mountains to give direction to this world. Christians are called to lead in the mountains of life, for God’s glory and for the good of humanity.
1. DOMINION – RECOVERING GOD’S MANDATE:
- Adam: God’s Original Decree To His Son (Gen. 1:28).
- Israel: God’s Provisional Decree To His Son (Deut. 28:13).
- Jesus: God’s Restored Decree To His Son (Ps. 2:7-8).
- Church: God’s Continued Decree To His Son (Matt. 16:19).
- Lesson: God’s Genesis Mandate Has Not Changed!
2. DISCIPLINES – RECOVERING EARTHLY MOUNTAINS:
- Disciplines: Industries Or Fields As Mountains (Is. 2:2).
- Satan: A Spiritual Creature From Holy Mountains (Ezek. 28:14).
- Step 1: Understanding God’s Business (Luke 2:49).
- Step 2: Qualifying Ourselves For Business (2 Tim. 2:5).
- Step 3: Competing In The World As A Business (Matt. 24:7).
- Lesson: The Top Of The Mountains Is Where Believers Function!
3. DUTY – RECOVERING CHRISTIAN MISSION:
- The Mission = Go Into The World (Matt. 28:19a).
- The Mission = Teach The World (Matt. 28:19b).
- The Mission = Disciple The World (Matt. 28:19c).
- Lesson: The Christian Mission Field Is The World!
PRAYER: FATHER, EMPOWER US TO COMPETE IN EVERY MOUNTAIN!